Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cafe Piccolo; Seattle WA

On a quiet street in the Maple Leaf neighborhood of Seattle, is a quaint little Italian joint; Cafe Piccolo.  I was enthusiastic about stepping into this eatery, and instantly felt at ease in the comfortable, warm restaurant.  And although the hostess was friendly and the other patrons appeared to be enjoying their meals, I was still a bit curious and uncertain about what I'd find to eat in a pasta-heavy restaurant.

When presented the with our menus, however, I immediately noticed the statement "ALL ITEMS CAN BE MADE GLUTEN FREE UPON REQUEST."  Hurray!!  It should be noted that Cafe Piccolo is a "shared facility."  And, despite the fact that I did not need to inquire about gluten free dishes, I still had to question the dairy and soy in their dishes.  

With entree items consistent with many Italian restaurants, Cafe Piccolo features a varied menu with many house made pasta dishes, as well as entrees such as chicken Parmesan and flank steak.  Their starters focused on Italian standards like bruschetta and antipasto, and there were a couple salads that looked tasty too. 

To my surprise, when questioned, the waiter inferred that the kitchen would be able to change any of their dishes to meet my conditions.  Again, what a relief, and a joy to have so many options to choose from!

At the end of my meal, I was full and happy.  All four of us enjoyed our dinners, but I was especially excited to have had a delicious meal out that didn't make me feel ill and in an establishment that truly catered to my allergies.  The ambiance was cozy and warm, the wine was full bodied, and the staff was welcoming and knowledgeable.  On a chilly February evening, dining at Cafe Piccolo was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment