Monday, November 11, 2013

The Flying Apron Bakery; Fremont and Redmond, WA

The Flying Apron Bakery, with locations in Fremont, WA and Redmond, WA, is a dedicated gluten free facility.  That means no worry about cross contamination!  I was elated when I stumbled upon this joint for the first time only a few months back, and I will admit to returning at least a dozen times since then (I think they are starting to recognize me).

The menu focuses on baked goods mostly, with no eggs, gluten, dairy, soy or wheat to be found.  To note, they are heavy on the bean and rice flours, and there are some items with nuts in them.  Oh, they have coffee, salads, and pizzas too!  I think my favorite sweet splurge to date has been a mammoth pecan cinnamon roll, but the lemon poppy seed muffin is delectable as well, not to mention the apricot thumbprint cookie.

Another perk of The Flying Apron Bakery is that they sell some of their products in local grocery stores like PCC, Whole Foods, or the Metropolitan Market, as well as in local cafes like the Nordstrom Cafe.  Six big thumb(prints) up for the Flying Apron Bakery from me and my kids (who are not allergic to anything).  We all know that is a rave review!

1 comment: